Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why do I Even Bother Going in Public!

A few days ago I needed to do some errands at Target with the two kids. It was almost lunch but I wasn't hungry at all. Within 5 min of entering Target, my blood sugar dropped and I started shaking. I immediately started digging through my purse and found some peanut m&ms (a very lucky find!). I started wolfing them down like cookie monster. The kids started asking for some, their voices getting louder and louder each time. Meanwhile I'm shaking my head no as I eat like an animal. I vaguely notice some mother's looking at me, but don't care. After the m&ms are gone I go digging through my purse again as the shaking hasn't stopped. In the bottom corner I found one bag of fruit snacks. This time the kids were protesting even louder for me to share, so as I was chewing I tried to talk and inhaled a chunk of fruit snack which caused me to cough so violently that I peed my pants!!! Needless to say my blood sugar evened out leaving me humiliated but chuckling.



Then this afternoon I went running into a little home decor store during a snow storm. Just as I opened the door I breathed with my mouth open and inhaled a snow flake. So I walked into a room full of women as a major coughing attack happened and peed my pants again!! Maybe I should be stocking up on diapers for me instead of the baby. :) That or I need to learn how to breath!

4 comments:

Ivan and Jaelene said...

Oh Tami, Thanks for the great laugh. Not only can you do hilarious things, you have a great story-telling gift!

Katie Phillips said...

Oh man! Those stories are great! I swear those kegal (sp?) exercises help with the peeing your pants thing. I had an awful time after Emma was born. I jumped on a trampoline and almost lost all my bladder--never been on one since! Also, I just had to sneeze/laugh hard/etc. and I'd have a little accident. I found a pregnancy yoga video that has the kegel exercises as part of the workout, and I did it two to three times a week for the second and third trimesters, and I also did the kegel exercies seperately a couple of times every day for a minute or two, and I haven't had a problem since!

Steph said...

Ha ha!!! I just tried reading that out loud to Jay...I barely made it through!

Wish upon a Starr said...

sweet! That is good stuff right there. I have the best older sister ever.