Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're Going To Hawaii

Yahoooooooo! Scott and I are finally going to Hawaii. It will the first time either of us have been there and we are so excited. We will be staying with some friends of ours for 10 days. We leave Aug. 17th. :) :) :)
In fact, the evening we finalized our flight plans I was feeling somewhat goofy and gitty. Scott and I were getting ready for bed. He was setting his alarm, I just walked in and didn't want to have to turn off the light. So I took off in a full on run for the bed, only I forgot I have grandma hips and my run looked liked the cross between a penguin waddle and a grandma shuffle. Scott turned to look at me with this face of utter confusion (I can only imagine how pathetic I looked!) But I was determined, so I took advantage of the confusion and shuffled my way to the bedside. Then I took a flying leap for the bed. Only my hips didn't quite catch the vision. They locked up and I think my big toes never even left the ground. Instead of a graceful swan dive I fell over like a two ton tree. Luckily I still fell on the bed, my face taking the brunt of it. I started laughing like I have never laughed before. Seriously I couldn't breath; I thought I was going to pass out from laughing. Scott thought I had totally lost it. :) (I have a chiropractor appointment for my hips June 22nd.)

2 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

Kevin and I are just crying over this. Good details, we got the perfect visual, beautiful!!

It's also funny becuase I do that with Kevin. Last one in bed has to turn off the lights. Or, the one to land the fanciest on the bed wins. (We need a new bed by the way)

Bowmans said...

Kevin & Melanie, you guys are awesome!! Scott and I love your creativity. I can only picture you guys diving into bed. :) I so wish you guys lived closer...