Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednessday Flooding
Oops. This should have been before Thursday's entry. It was raining all day and we had been watching our walk out basement and the window wells for flooding. At 10:00pm I did one last check, went upstairs to take a shower and go to bed. After my shower, I thought boy that rain sounds heavy, I'd better go down and check everything one last time. The walk out was nearly flooded and the window well to our office was over flowing with water and soaking the carpet. I ran upstairs and woke up Scott. We spent the next 3 hours running around in flip flops in the dark (the heavy rain kept shorting out our flash light) trying to stop the flooding. We dug trenches and ran the sump pump between the two flooding areas. After we finally got the water away from the house we went downstairs, moved furniture, soaked up water with every towel available in the house then sucked up water with our trusty Spot Bot. We pulled up the carpet and put on a fan. Exhausted, we went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds miserable. If there is anything we can do t ohelp please let us know.
Post a Comment