Tuesday, June 9, 2009
A Little Piece of Heaven
Bryson is not very cuddly and has always been difficult to get to sleep. Just now I fed him and he didn't go to sleep so at first I was starting to fret. After eating I sat him up to burp him, he was holding onto his blankie and kept leaning in for a quick cuddle. Then he would sit back up, get all excited, suck on his blankie for a minute, then lean in a for a quick cuddle (big tease!) He did this several times, then he laid on my chest, looked up at me and started touching my face. I started kissing his hands softly. He just stared at me and was completely relaxed. Then he started nodding off to sleep. I was completely shocked, but totally in heaven! I stopped kissing his hand and started tickling his face for a minute. When I stopped he leaned his face even further into my chest and fell asleep. It was the sweetest moment ever!! I enjoyed it for as long as I dared (if he ever stirs in my arms, he wakes right up) then slowly put him in his bed. The second his head hit his bed, he woke right up, looked at me and got all excited; wiggling his arms and legs all over. Little stinker. So I picked him up and laid in my bed with him. He snuggled up against me, held onto my shirt and fell right back to sleep. Cute little bug. Maybe I will finally have a cuddly child after all. The only problem is now he is asleep in my bed and I don't dare move him. Hum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's sooo sweet!! Bruce isn't very cuddly, either, and I know what you mean savoring the few cuddling moments!
Post a Comment