My goodness my blog is full of doom & gloom. Though it has been stressful; there has still been plenty of joy. The kids love their little brother and have been so great with him. Emilee loves to talk to him and he will turn his head & watch her. Emilee of course loves this. When she has been well she is a great help holding him, she'll hold him for a good 30 min. and still won't let me take him if he cries. Blake loves to feel how soft Bryson's clothes are and will come up and touch them, saying "Oh, how sovy (soft)!" If Bryson starts to cry Blake gets all concerned and tells me, "Mom, you need to feed him with your elbows! (I'm not sure how he has gotten these body parts confused) or he'll say, "Mom, you need to get him his pinkie (binkie)! It has been wonderful to see how much they love him, even though Bryson has gotten tons of my attention.
And because we've had so much "fun" we've been able to have grandma Starr over often which has been a huge relief for me and been tons of fun for the kids. I bet mom cannot even count how many card games she's played or dishes she's done at my house. She has been a great blessing.
Bryson has always been so alert and social. He recognized my voice from birth and will always turn his head to find me, something my other children didn't do for awhile. He is very social and loves to look at you while you talk to him. A couple of weeks ago he developed the cutest wide mouthed smile I've ever seen!! I have absolutely loved having the extra cuddle time with him when he and I hunker down in the room while everyone else is sick. He is such a joy and so gosh darn cute!
And for Scott's big funny moment, a few weeks ago we had family pictures done. Scott was holding him for a few naked shots. I started joking, ok Bryson, now would be a great time to poop to get Dad back for not changing poopy diapers. Of course this got Scott very nervous and almost on que Bryson pooped. It dripped through Scott's hands, down his shirt and onto the floor. I was so proud!!!!
2 comments:
Cute little Bryson but gross! I can't believe he pooped on Scott. How did he handle that?
Our prayers are with you guys. Hang in there.
You can feed Bryson with your elbows? Cool!
If Scott reads this, I do love you, but yea for Bryson!! That had to be a great moment for mom and baby. Kevin and I both giggled and laughed.
Also thank you for posting all the details. We had heard just the basics. This made a bit more since to us . You are in are prayers, as well as the doctors. Good luck!
Post a Comment