Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ear Tubes for Bryson - Jan. 15th


Bryson in his cute p.j.s waiting for surgery (ironically he had double ear infections at the time). He was so nervous, but not as nervous as his mom!! Scott had an important meeting at work and I figured it was just ear tubes, I can handle that, so I went in by myself. But there is nothing like the helplessness of handing your child over to the anaesthesiologist, turning your back and walking down the hall to the waiting room. Bryson bravely rode off in a little red wagon with his favorite blankie snuggled up around him, his head barely bobbing above the edges of the wagon. I thought my heart was going to break watching him ride off. I was trying to hold back the tears as I walked to the waiting room. I text Scott telling him Bryson's surgery had started and that I hate surgeries!!! Then I text Steph and my mom who were watching Emilee and Blake. So a total of 5 min. and the nurse came in to tell me they were done! Seriously!?!? I just started laughing. That was it!! Bryson woke up crying and mad at the monitors all over him. We snuggled and he calmed down. All-in-all we were there 2 1/2 hrs. from when we stepped in the hospital to when we stepped out. Now that is a surgery I can handle!! Nothing like the other two!

No comments: