Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break

Emilee was bummed that we weren't going anywhere for spring break so we came up with some fun activities to do each day.

Monday: The weather was beautiful so Emilee & Blake played outside all day. When Scott got home from work he took them to the park. They had tons of fun. They threw rocks in a stream, went for a walk and played on the toys.

Tuesday: It turned rainy and cold so it felt like a movie night. The grocery store by our house gets ride of all of their donuts every night. (All the donuts you can fit in a box for $3.99). So I ran over to the store, looked like a complete pig and filled a box of donuts. We ate donuts until we were sick and watched "Horton Hears a Who".

Wednessday: Scott had the day off so we went over to the local swimming pool (with the rest of Utah County) and went in for a swim. Scott, Emilee and Blake were in the pool for 2 hours; having a blast! Afterwards the kids wanted to get a "milkshake at a resturant." We went to Wendy's (dollar menu-love it!) and ate inside. Because we ate inside they thought they were at a "resturant." :)

While at Wendy's Emilee friend called and wanted her to come and play. She played at his (Mitchell) house and they took her to the dinosaur muesum. By the time she got home the snow was sticking (what's with the weather!?) so she and Blake played out in the snow. All-in-all it was a great day. Here is a picture of Blake "plowing" the snow.
Thursday: Today we were supposed to go hang out with Grandma (we haven't been up there since Bryson's surgery), but I got a call from my mom saying that Julie has a fever and is throwing up. So we won't be going up there anytime soon. Poor Julie, as if she needs this to deal with on top of it all (Michael is back in the hospital again - her husband Ryan is with him).

So today I think I will give the kids $5.00, go to Walmart and let them pick out whatever they want. Besides it will be a good lesson on money and math. Emilee also just informed me that we need to make cookies today also.

Here is a picture of the kids playing in the snow this morning. We got 6" of snow yesterday and it looks like another 6" last night!!! Emilee has been trying to shovel the sidewalk so she can ride her bike.



Friday: Friday hasn't happened yet. I was planning on taking them to Kangaroo Zoo, but while taking to a mom at the pool yesterday she informed me that Kangaroo Zoo is packed - worse than the pool. So I don't know about tomorrow yet. I might just see if I can find another friend to come and play. Or maybe I will see what is playing at the dollar theater....

2 comments:

Katie Phillips said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! My mom said she would sneak chocolate right after the bedtime feed. I guess that works if the baby sleeps through the night?

You're such a fun Mom!

Wish upon a Starr said...

I just love the picture of Blake plowing the snow. I'm not sure what it is, but I love it!! That darn global warming is making it so hot for all of us.