This year I planted my first garden. I'm not sure why I decided to start when we are surrounded by wildlife... We had a cold spring so I started the tomatoes and strawberries inside. For two months I watered and cared for them. When it finally warmed up I planted them outside. There were 4 tomatoes growing and about 7 strawberries. I was so excited to harvest soon. But, in the morning, everything was eaten!! Later in the afternoon I caught the culprits red handed. It was the two squirrels living under our back patio. I drove around till I found a small animal trap. Within 24 hrs I trapped both squirrels and drove them to the foothills of Alpine. I have re-planted and everything is growing well. Hopefully all stays well once the plants start producing

Freeing the squirrel.

Now we are trying to keep these birds from creating a bird nest in our front patio.
1 comment:
Still think you should have had target practice for the boys! ;)
Post a Comment